Multipak ice lolly tubes meet customer packaging needs for strength, aesthetic appeal and branding, sustainability, and safety.
Did you know that the quality and visual appeal of packaging can make or break a sale? Beyond functional, environmental, and legal aspects, packaging is the first point of contact with consumers and may or may not appeal to their senses.
Ice lollies remain in wet conditions and need sturdy packaging that is drip free, graphically vivid, and safe for food contact. Here are 6 reasons why Multipak ice lolly tubes meet ice cream producer and consumer needs:
1. Product Security & Food Safety
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) certifies Multipak lolly tubes as hazard-free and safe for direct contact with food. The certification ensures that Multipak meets international food safety standards guaranteeing all products as reliable and secure for end users.
- British Retail Consortium (BRC)/IoP food-safety certification confirms Multipak’s competence to manufacturer and facilitate safe packaging, storage, and distribution of food and consumer (non-food) products.
Both certifications ensure that Multipak sets in place organizational measures to effectively monitor and provide secure operations and quality management systems to protect customer interest.
2. High Stiffness & No Sogginess
Multipak ice lolly tube structure provides strength and prevents moisture/liquids from penetrating into or dripping out of the package. Multipak Ice Lolly Tubes comprise of 3 superposed layers, including one thick cardboard layer double coated in equal thinner layers of polyethylene (PE) plastic. With four available sizes, Multipak ice lolly tubes cater to the packaging needs of customers: 70ml, 80ml, 110ml and 120ml.
3. Strong Sealing Performance
Multipak manufacturing process consists of numerous stringent steps to secure ice lolly tube quality, ensure effective sealing, and avert leaks by testing for gaps and wrinkles.
1- Melt polyethylene (PE) plastic under high temperatures to stick to cardboard and form an outer barrier, protecting the package from dripping
2- Perform side sealing and top curling to ensure lid is well sealed
3- Conduct tests to ensure no leaking:
a) Leak test:
* Fill tubes with cold water without a lid for 15 minutes
* Fill ice lolly tubes with water and place in the freezer with lid on
b) Side sealing:
Test for wrinkles, gaps, and creasing
c) Top Curling:
Test that the tube is well curved to properly seal the lid
4. Excellent Flexo Printing
An ice lolly tube design should be representative of the colorful burst of flavor inside. Multipak offers customers flexographic printing solutions to meet desired visual and cost requirements. Flexo printing utilizes a wide variety of fast drying ink, such as water based, solvent based, and solvent free inks, and can print on many types of absorbent and not absorbent materials. With flexographic printing, Multipak offers high-quality and accurate printing in up to 8 colors.
5. High Clarity & Glossiness
Multipak coats ice lolly tubes with varnish to add shine and preserve high-quality print, design, and branding from fading. The Jeddah-based paper packaging manufacturer uses organic print and varnish, avoiding toxic material, such as lead and arsenics, which harm the environment and consumers.
When consumers find a worn out package they assume that the producer tried to cut-down costs, which leaves the pending question in their minds: What else did they save costs on? With a market of limitless choices, a product has to pop out and scream buy me!
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) ensures that Multipak practices and products respect forest preservation, the environment, and the society. An eco-label, present on the packages, makes easier for customers to identify such eco-friendly packages.
- Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) certification for responsible forest management guarantees that Multipak implements necessary standards over the full range of operations, structures, and management systems to accurately identify products originating from well-managed forests, controlled sources, reclaimed materials, or a mixture.
Established in 1997, Multipak manufactures specialty paper bags (handle bags, self-opening sack SOS bags and satchel bags), paper rolls, paper sheets, gift wrap, and paper core. Multipak’s paper products range from commercial to high-quality grades. All products may be coated with select materials and may be printed in up to 8 colors. The paper converter serves Saudi Arabia, Gulf Corporation Council (GCC), Middle East and North Africa markets.
Multipak produces and supplies ice cream cone sleeves, as well as ice lolly push-up packaging to Australia, Europe, the Far East, Middle East and North Africa (MENA), and North America.
Multipak is a Napco company and member of INDEVCO Flexible Packaging, a division of INDEVCO Group.