Napco brand, Bambi co-sponsors the Saudi Respiratory Syncytial Virus awareness campaign, ‘Mommy Protect Me’, to spread knowledge on how to prevent, detect, and treat RSV.
Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) affects 64 million children annually worldwide, with approximately 574,000 children in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) alone.
Bambi, leading baby care brand in KSA and Gulf region, will launch a TV campaign, as well as an online contest on 'Bambi Baby Care by Sanita' Facebook Fan Page during December 2012, to promote ‘Mommy Protect Me’ campaign prior to the critical months of RSV season. In KSA, RSV season begins in November, with cases increasing in January and February.
‘Mommy Protect Me’ campaign aims at helping parents learn more about RSV symptoms and causes, as well as the steps to take in order to prevent infants from catching the respiratory virus, and how to properly care for a child with RSV. The campaign equips families throughout Saudi Arabia with the necessary knowledge to deal with RSV.
Take Part in ‘Mommy Protect Me’ Fight Against RSV
As part of the awareness campaign, the ‘Mommy Protect Me’ online contest offers Bambi Facebook Fans a chance to win $500 weekly, from 3 – 28 December, by correctly answering the infant health-related weekly question.
Read contest details.
Statistics About RSV
Although healthy people infected by RSV recover in 1-2 weeks, similar to a regular flu, RSV in infants and toddlers can cause more severe consequences, such as bronchiolitis (inflammation of the small airways in lung) and pneumonia (infection of the small airways in lung). The viral infection is highly contagious and can travel in droplets secreted through sneezing or coughing.
- Worldwide statistics show that 2 – 10 % of infants annually catch RSV; 160,000 of which do not survive the virus
- 7 – 12 % of babies in KSA, below 1 year old, catch RSV, resulting in pneumonia infection
- With the right precautions 80% of children between 32 – 35 weeks will survive RSV, and 47 % of children below 32 weeks will survive RSV diagnosis
- Children below 37 weeks that are not well developed are more vulnerable to generate RSV
- Premature babies that catch RSV have a higher mortality risk after only 1 month of catching the infection
Napco, leading manufacturer in Saudi Arabia, consumer division plants produce Bambi baby care products, including high-quality baby diapers and baby wipes.
National Paper Company Ltd. (Jeddah), Napco Consumer Products Company (Dammam), Napco Riyadh Paper Products Company Ltd. (Riyadh) in Saudi Arabia produce a range of personal care hygiene disposables, household tissue and plastics products, and away-from-home catering and janitorial disposables.