On 28 January 2014, the Lebanese Solar Energy Society (LSES) general assembly elected Rabih Osta,Phoenix Group Area General Manager, as 1 of 11 advisory board members during an event at the Order of Engineers in Bir Hasan General Assembly in Beirut, Lebanon.
Despite economic, political, and societal hindrances, LSES works to develop and promote use of renewable solar energy in Lebanon to protect the environment, reduce energy consumption, and improve quality of life. The association comprises of 30 members, including Phoenix and other solar company owners, University Faculty of Engineering Chairmen, as well as electrical, chemical, and mechanical engineers.
Lebanese Solar Energy Society Objectives (sourced from website: http://www.lses-lb.org/about-us)
- To get together associations of professionals, as individuals interested in the development of solar and renewable energy in all its various aspects, in order to achieve the objectives of the LSES
- To develop educational programs and training sessions regarding the various applications of renewable energy in general and more particularly solar energy
- To set up gradually a “Quality Label” to guarantee the quality of services regarding design, manufacturing, installation, and exploitation of solar energy in various fields
- To encourage development and protection of the solar systems manufacturing in order to achieve good-quality equipment for the benefit of users
- To inform and lead the public opinion on any matters regarding solar and renewable energy for the benefit of the national economy and environment in Lebanon.
- To take part in scientific activities and to participate in exhibitions and seminars in accordance with the objectives of the association.
- To support any initiatives in order to present to the public authorities (executive and legislative), as well as syndicates and financial institutions some proposals to elaborate or improve existing laws with the aim of increasing demand and developing the solar energy market, as well as any other renewable energies
Rabih Osta Biography
Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering; MBA from NDU; MIB from Bordeaux
Area General Manager of Phoenix Group: Phoenix Machinery, Phoenix Energy, Phoenix Technology Lebanon, and Phoenix Technology UAE.
Currently, Osta is a member of the World Energy Council – Lebanon Committee consulting board, as well as the Syndicate of Engineers and Architects in Beirut and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers in UK.
Osta serves as a part-time professor in the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics in NDU and Sagesse University.
About Phoenix Energy
Phoenix Energy, located in Safra, Lebanon, supplies renewable energy products, such as solar water heaters, biomass boilers, wind turbine systems, solar outdoor lights and PV Systems. In addition, it provides resource assessment services and turnkey commercial projects to recycle and transform waste into electricity using waste-to-energy systems.