In line with its mission to reduce dependency on finite and harmful energy sources, Phoenix Energyattends Med Solar Workshop on 24 September 2013 at Crowne Plaza Hotel in Beirut, Lebanon. The Med Solar project, funded by the European Neighborhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI- CBC) Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme of the European Union, implements eco-friendly solutions at Mediterranean partner countries. The project promotes and sets in place innovative renewable energy technologies, as well as transfers know-how in solar energy, focusing on photovoltaic (PV) systems.
Workshop Highlights Expected Results of Med Solar Project
The workshop presented Med Solar project and addressed technical advancements, communication tools and capitalization of results, as well as solar PV sector and initiatives in Lebanon.
The Med Solar workshop brought together professionals in the renewable energy industry to share projected outcomes in the three target Levant countries, including:
- Characterization of electrical grids and their weaknesses
- Analysis of legal framework of the grid connected photovoltaic (PV)installations and recommendations
- Conceptual definition of the new system architecture
- Technological development of an energy management system
- Pilot projects in small and medium size industries and public facilities
- Tests and dissemination
- Creation of cross-border network of stakeholders
About Phoenix Energy
Phoenix Energy, located in Safra, Lebanon, supplies renewable energy products, such as solar water heaters, biomass boilers, wind turbine systems, solar outdoor lights and PV Systems. In addition, it provides resource assessment services and turnkey commercial projects to recycle and transform waste into electricity using waste-to-energy systems.