11 June 2020. Safra, Lebanon – As the world faces the pandemic of the 21st century, Phoenix Machinery developed a solution to help hygiene converters produce protective masks to meet urgent demand during the COVID19 outbreak and help protect healthcare providers, front liners, and citizens.
The Global Challenge
Since the emergence of the COVID19 virus (also known as Coronavirus, nCov2019, SARS-CoV-2), demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) increased exponentially. The healthcare industry is facing mass shortages of PPE, putting doctors, nurses, and other front line workers at risk. As countries recommend the public to wear masks, many are left with insufficient supplies (Asgari & Pickard, 2020). Meanwhile, mandatory shutdowns and forced quarantines worldwide has made producing and importing surgical and healthcare supplies difficult.
Solution to Help Protect Human Life & Business Continuity
In an effort to help boost PPE production globally and secure continuous
supply of masks during the crisis, Phoenix Machinery developed a technical
solution to upgrade or manufacture to medical mask machines. This solution
helps hygiene converters support the unmet needs for masks in their local
Specialized in producing hygiene converting machinery, Phoenix Machinery offers two alternatives:
- Upgrade existing diaper or lady napkin machines in less than two months
- Deliver complete new mask machine in less than 6 months
- Composed of three layers:
- Outer layer
- Inner Layer
- Includes a nose clip
- Includes ear loops
- Sealing application can be done thermally or ultrasonic
- Ear loops are made of classical stretch material used in baby diaper applications
- Ear loop length can be easily adjustable based on raw material width
- Ear loop made of soft material
- Production Capacity: up to 500 piece / minute
Supporting Local Hospitals through Product Development
In many countries worldwide, COVID19 cases have outnumbered the availability of needed ventilators and placed dire stress on the existing healthcare industry. With limited ventilators available in local healthcare institutions, Phoenix Machinery developed a prototype ventilator machine that met international standards set by the UK in an effort to help Lebanon prepare for the worst case scenario. Currently, Phoenix Machinery has partnered with hospitals to test the machine and confirm 100% compliance with industry requirements and standards.
Sister Companies in Action
Phoenix Machinery sister companies at INDEVCO also launched various projects to support the healthcare industry.
- Sanita, consumer and away-from-home disposables manufacturing company, is pushing full force with the production of hand sanitizers, household disinfectants, masks, gloves, and other healthcare protective gear.
- Masterpak, flexible packaging manufacturer, launched production of protective suits
- Prepak, rigid plastics manufacturer, launched production of reusable respiratory masks
- INDEVCO Paper Containers, corrugated packaging manufacturing division, developed a social distancing line for shopfloor, desk, and table separation.
About Phoenix Machinery
Established in 1998, Phoenix Machinery is located in Safra, Lebanon. Phoenix Machinery manufactures custom-made hygiene and tissue converting machines, high precision CNC machined parts, as well as develops and integrates machinery automation, process automation and power distribution solutions. Currently the manufacturer exports globally to Congo, Egypt, England, France, Germany, Haiti, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, the United Arab Emirates and the United States, and Poland.
Asgari, N. & Pickard, J. (April 21, 2020). Industry warns over face mask shortage for public. Financial Times. Retrieved from: https://www.ft.com/content/f726a253-664f-406f-8daf-6b313c0cf8e4
Tel: +961-9-855 690, Ext: 4339